Cohalan Downing is committed to ensuring your Personal Data and Privacy is Protected
An individual’s right to Privacy
Any Personal Data from which a living person can be identified.
What Personal Data is Obtained:
The following are types of Personal Data which will be obtained whenever you complete an online enquiry form or when you subscribe to our enquiry register:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Contact No.
- The purpose of the service that you require
- We do not share data with any third parties (excepted our third party essential service providers) without prior consent from our clients.
Why Do We Process it?
- We process your data in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject, to perform the services you have requested of us or to take steps at your request prior to undertaking to provide services for you, because you have consented to our processing of your data or for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as to inform you of changes to our services or to provide you with information about other services we offer.
We also gather this information to:
- Allow us to deal with your query,
- To contact you in relation to similar properties which may be of interest to you.
- Customer/Client administration and Customer/Client Relationship Management
- Other day-to-day administration purposes that would be in our legitimate interests
- After providing any Personal Data during your initial point of contact, should you choose to correspond with us further via email, mobile or phone, we may retain the contents of these communications and our responses together with your name, number and email address, as is required by the Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011.
- Comply with legal obligations we might be subject to (such as anti-money laundering);
- Also, by retaining this information it enables us to provide you with a better service and ensuring that your property services needs are met.
We adhere to all the provisions of the Data Protection Acts which requires us to retain personal data collected for no longer than is necessary to fulfil its purposes or as required by law.
Who we share your data with:
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and any applicable regional Code of Professional Conduct, (Property Regulatory Authority), certain non-public information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
- In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the authorisation of the Property Regulatory Authority or a state board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board of organisation.
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- To provide information to third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed. Cohalan Downing requires that all such agents, contractors or partners who enter into contractual guarantees observe security and privacy obligations at least as stringent as those set forth in this privacy statement.
- It has not been nor is it our current policy to contact clients by mail, e-mail and/or telephone about our services, marketing and/or other events involving or relating to Cohalan Downing which may be of interest to you. However, should we change this policy in the future we will be obliged to contact you directly and present you with the option to agree to receive such contact/content. It will only be with your consent that we will be able to contact you in this manner. However, in such a circumstance, you will have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Security & Storage Information
- Cohalan Downing maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards to help protect the security of Personal Data gathered.
- Personal Data is stored on a secured server.
- We use secure firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access.
- All company computers and Case Management Software used by our employees are only accessible by personal unique passwords.
- We have shredding facilities on site for all personal data/information.
- By submitting your information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Policy.
Updating, Verifying or Deleting Personal Data
- You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
- The Right To Be Informed
- The Right of Access
- The Right to Rectification
- The Right to Erasure
- The Right to Restrict Processing
- The Right to Data Portability
- The Right to Object
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision Making & Profiling
Exercising Your Rights
- To exercise your rights in relation to Data Protection please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Personal Data Information Request”.
- You may be asked for additional data to verify your identity as part of this process.
- We will endeavour to respond to all requests within 30 days of receipt of your initial request. If same is not possible we will inform you of same within the required time limit.